Recipe by truebrit
Only four ingredients are needed to make this delicious casserole! From Great American Recipes.
Top Review by nltate
Nice idea but this really did not work out. I made it to bring for Christmas dinner, followed the recipe to a T with one exception - the store didn't have American cheese so I used cheddar instead. The cheese clumped together and the bottom of the casserole dish was filled with oil. We had 8 people at dinner and only about 3 serving spoons of this dish got eaten, if that tells you anything. If I ever tried this again I would for sure use Velveeta cheese and probably about half the butter that the recipe calls for.
- 226.79 g American cheese
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 453.59 g bag frozen broccoli carrots cauliflower mix, thawed and drained
- 236.59 ml crushed butter flavored cracker (about 30)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the cheese into small cubes, and place in a saucepan with half the butter (1/4 cup).
- Over medium heat, melt until smooth, stirring constantly.
- Place the vegetables in a 1-quart casserole dish, and pour cheese mixture over.
- Mix well, then spread evenly in dish.
- Melt remaining butter, and combine with cracker crumbs; sprinkle over the top of casserole.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350F for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately.