1 hr 10 mins
Each serving is 1/2 cup. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable. I found this in Diabetic Living. I have not tried this recipe, but I'm posting it for safe keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 ounces frozen broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, thawed and drained
- 12 ounces fat free evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup reduced fat shredded sharp cheddar cheese (3oz)
- 4 ounces neufchatel cream cheese, cut up and softened
- 2/3 cup soft whole wheat bread crumbs (1 slice)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley (optional) or 2 tablespoons fresh basil (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Arrange thawed vegetables in dish. Set aside.
- 2In a medium saucepan, whisk together evaporated milk, onion, flour, garlic, and black pepper. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Add cheddar cheese and cream cheese, whisking until smooth.
- 3Pour cheese mixture evenly over vegetables. Toss gently to coat vegetables with sauce. Sprinkle with bread crumbs. Lightly coat crumbs with additional cooking spray.
- 4Bake 40-45 minutes or until mixture is bubbly and crumbs are lightly browned. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Vegetable Bake
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 171.2
- Calories from Fat 77
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 188.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 8.5 g