Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is from Kraft Foods. Untested by me but posted for ZWT III
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup vegemite
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 spring onions, finely sliced
- 5 slices cheese, singles roughly chopped
- Whisk together milk, oil, Vegemite* and eggs in a large bowl.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder, spring onions and cheese to the liquid ingredients and mix until just combined. Spoon mixture into 12 lightly greased 1/2 cup capacity muffin pans.
- Bake at 200°C for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
superb!!!! wonderful, even with marmite!!
I thought these tasted awful. I won't recommend them. Overall it just wasnt cheesy or vegemite enough. The 2 groups of people i served them to didnt eat them all up. So very disappointing. Easy recipe but not really tasty.
These were better than I expected. :) I had to use Marmite in place of the vegemite since that is all I could find in the stores. I prefer the taste of vegemite. Very easy to throw together. The muffins were light and moist. They may be a little salty for some people's taste. My husband thought they were great as is when I suggested maybe using a little less marmite next time. The first bite left a "vegemite-y" after taste, but I buttered them up and did not notice it after that. I'm giving it the full 5 stars for ease of making and making my family happy!