This is one of the first dishes I served company when I became vegetarian. Everyone was astonished that this cheesy tasting lasagna didn't have any cheese in it! I originally saw this recipe published by user submission at vegweb.
- 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 lb carrot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 16 ounces firm tofu
- 8 ounces cream cheese (vegan version)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles, cooked
- 1⁄4 cup nutritional yeast
- Slice carrots and steam, set aside. Saute parsley and garlic for 1 minute in an oiled pan. Add carrots and veggie broth; simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Add tofu, vegan cream cheese, and lemon juice; stir well. Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until "cheese" starts to melt. Stir in nutmeg and nutritional yeast. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Place 3 lasagna noodles in bottom of 11x7 baking dish. Layer carrot mixture, noodles, tomato sauce and spinach until done. Top with spaghetti sauce. Cover and bake 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes until thoroughly heated.