My son broght home a kids cooking book for his library day at school and this was in it! I am mostly putting his here so that we can keep the recipe when he needs to return the book! They had 12 oz of puff pastry and divided it into thirds and also made Fruity Treats and Hazelnut Palmiers. I've also added those here too! This should make 20 cheesey breadstick twists. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with some butter or some pan spray.
- 2Roll the the puff pastry into an 8 X 10 rectangle. Brush the pastry with the egg. Sprinkle the cheese over half of the rectangle.
- 3Fold the pastry over the cheese like a sandwich a roll the the pastry flat again. Trim the edges with a knife. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg.
- 4Cut the "sandwich" legthwise into 20 strips. Twist each strip several times and press the ends on the baking sheet.
- 5Bake for about 10 minutes and the pastry is golden brown.
Browse Our Top High Calcium Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Twists
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.4
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 73.2 mg
- Sodium 271.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 9.5 g