Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
My son broght home a kids cooking book for his library day at school and this was in it! I am mostly putting his here so that we can keep the recipe when he needs to return the book! They had 12 oz of puff pastry and divided it into thirds and also made Fruity Treats and Hazelnut Palmiers. I've also added those here too! This should make 20 cheesey breadstick twists. Enjoy!
- 4 ounces premade puff pastry, dethawed but still slightly chilled
- 1 beated egg
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 425 degrees. Grease a baking sheet with some butter or some pan spray.
- Roll the the puff pastry into an 8 X 10 rectangle. Brush the pastry with the egg. Sprinkle the cheese over half of the rectangle.
- Fold the pastry over the cheese like a sandwich a roll the the pastry flat again. Trim the edges with a knife. Brush the pastry with the beaten egg.
- Cut the "sandwich" legthwise into 20 strips. Twist each strip several times and press the ends on the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes and the pastry is golden brown.