Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Although I am a big fan of turnips, I have not gotten around to fixing this recipe yet.
- 2 cups turnips, peeled,steamed and diced
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes.
Some of us liked this, some of us didn't. It needed a lot more salt to me. It was good, as far as turnips go.
The below comments are all correct as to needed adjustments to the recipe. However, even with these adjustments, my guests did not enjoy the casserole.
This is my first experience with turnips and I must say, I am impressed! I took into account Parsley72's comments and I halved all other ingredients except for the turnips and carrots (I forgot to buy an onion, so I just used dried). It took about 50 minutes at 375 for mine to get fully cooked as well. I used all fat free ingredients and I think it turned out great! Thanks for the recipe!