Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I came up with this recipe as a result of needing to do something with all the leftover thanksgiving turkey and also having not made it to the store for a while and so ingredients were just what I had on hand. It is very easy! It would be great with some celery or maybe peas added as well.
- 8 ounces tri-color spiral pasta (cooked and drained)
- 12 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 small onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch parsley
- 1 pinch poultry seasoning
- 1 pinch sage
- 1 pinch garlic
- 1 pinch celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 cups cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese (grated)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup turkey (torn up, I used white meat)
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Mix all ingredients in a casserole dish reserving about a half cup of cheese. It also works best to add the noodles last.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I had been looking for a heartier main dish that used tri-color pasta as we seemed to have an over-abundance of it. This was IT! Due to lack of a couple of the ingredients I substitued a few things. I used cream of celery soup instead of mushroom, I used a couple of green onions, I left out the poultry seasoning, and I also left out the mushrooms. Still tasted wonderful! Thank you!