Recipe by MARIA MAC *
I made this for a brunch and everyone liked it. The recipe can easily be halved to make just one pie. You can use any kind of mixed veggies you like.
- 3 cups cooked turkey, diced
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 110 1⁄2 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (thawed)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 deep dish pie shells
- 2 cups crushed corn flakes
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup smoky cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except pie shells, cornflakes, and butter.
- Refrigerate overnight or several hours.
- Pre-cook the deep dish pie shells for 10 minutes at 400°F.
- Fill pie shells with turkey mixture and bake 40 minutes at 350°F.
- Melt 4 Tablespoons butter and mix with cornflakes.
- Sprinkle this topping over 2 pies and bake 5 minutes more. Each pie serves 6.