Recipe by PeachPie24
My version of stroganoff. Very Kid friendly and the leftovers are delicious!
Top Review by golfs4fun
This was only okay. I was excitied about a ground turkey and feta cheese recipe but I found it no better than a hamburger helper meal. I do have a question. It calls for 1TBS of all salt (season salt) in one place and calls for ALL SPICE in a different place. I used the season salt, in a tsp and not a table spoon as Feta is salty as is any jarred sauce and I thought a tablespoon of season salt would be excessive...I would love a clarification on the correct ingredient.
- 8 ounces egg noodles
- 1 lb ground turkey, defrosted
- 1 (24 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (I like Bertolli, Garlic Alfredo)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Season-All salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- fresh onion, can be added if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 375.
- Boil your egg noodles as directed on the package.
- In a medium size pot, add the jar of Alfredo sauce, 1/2 cup of milk, 8 oz of sour cream, garlic and pepper. Heat on low until warm.
- While the sauce is heating up, take your ground turkey and brown it in a frying pan. Add the Tbsp of season all to the meat while it's browning. If you've chosen to add onion, chop up a fresh onion and add it to the ground turkey just before the turkey is fully cooked (3/4 cooked).
- Add the turkey to your Alfredo sauce and stir well.
- Drain your egg noodles and combine with the sauce/meat mix.
- Pour everything into a small casserole dish (about 9 x 13 or close to that) and top with the shredded mozzarella, then evenly sprinkle on the Feta cheese.
- Cook in your oven for about 10 minutes until the top of the cheese is just starting to turn golden brown.