Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Canned tuna tastes sensational wrapped in tortillas with salsa and cheese, Cover with chili sauce and bake. Another easy and delicious dinner is ready!!
- 4 large flour tortillas (10-inches)
- 2 (340 g) canclover leaf flaked solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 177.44 ml salsa
- 118.29 ml monterey jack cheese or 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml smoked paprika (optional)
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes (optional)
- 14.79 ml all-purpose flour
- 370 ml can Carnation Evaporated Milk (regular, 2% or fat-free)
- 59.14 ml monterey jack cheese or 59.14 ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- 59.14 ml cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Arrange tortillas on a flat surface.
- Combine ingredients for filling in a bowl. Place 1/2 cup filling in the center of each tortilla. Fold top and bottom of tortilla over filling, Roll up tortilla from open end and place in prepared dish, seam side down.
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and garlic and gently cook for 2-3 minutes until tender., Add next 4 ingredients. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add evaporated milk, bring to a boil, lower heat and cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Pour over tortillas,. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, until bubbling. Remove and sprinkle with cilantro and green onions. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- TIPS: Use part Skim Mozzarella cheese as a healthier option,.
- Sauce can be made a day ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.
- Serve with store bought guacomole and your favorite veggies!
I absolutely loved these! I made them on a whim to test it out. The sauce wouldn't get thick but it still tasted amazing! Also 1 is just enough for one person for a nice light lunch. Highly recommended! It wasn't a hassle either! I will definitely be making this throughout the summer!!