Recipe by Chef mariajane
Canned tuna tastes sensational wrapped in tortillas with salsa and cheese, Cover with chili sauce and bake. Another easy and delicious dinner is ready!!
Top Review by Ellectra500
I absolutely loved these! I made them on a whim to test it out. The sauce wouldn't get thick but it still tasted amazing! Also 1 is just enough for one person for a nice light lunch. Highly recommended! It wasn't a hassle either! I will definitely be making this throughout the summer!!
- 4 large flour tortillas (10-inches)
- 2 (170 g) cansclover leaf flaked solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (370 ml) can Carnation Evaporated Milk (regular, 2% or fat-free)
- 1⁄4 cup monterey jack cheese or 1⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- Arrange tortillas on a flat surface.
- Combine ingredients for filling in a bowl. Place 1/2 cup filling in the center of each tortilla. Fold top and bottom of tortilla over filling, Roll up tortilla from open end and place in prepared dish, seam side down.
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and garlic and gently cook for 2-3 minutes until tender., Add next 4 ingredients. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add evaporated milk, bring to a boil, lower heat and cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Pour over tortillas,. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, until bubbling. Remove and sprinkle with cilantro and green onions. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- TIPS: Use part Skim Mozzarella cheese as a healthier option,.
- Sauce can be made a day ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.
- Serve with store bought guacomole and your favorite veggies!