1/3 Photos of Cheesy Tuna Tortilla Melts
Chef mariajane's Note:
Canned tuna tastes sensational wrapped in tortillas with salsa and cheese, Cover with chili sauce and bake. Another easy and delicious dinner is ready!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 large flour tortillas (10-inches)
- 2 (170 g) cans clover leaf flaked solid white tuna packed in water, drained
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup monterey jack cheese or 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 (370 ml) can Carnation Evaporated Milk (regular, 2% or fat-free)
- 1/4 cup monterey jack cheese or 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F Grease an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- 2Arrange tortillas on a flat surface.
- 4Combine ingredients for filling in a bowl. Place 1/2 cup filling in the center of each tortilla. Fold top and bottom of tortilla over filling, Roll up tortilla from open end and place in prepared dish, seam side down.
- 6Heat oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion and garlic and gently cook for 2-3 minutes until tender., Add next 4 ingredients. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring often. Add evaporated milk, bring to a boil, lower heat and cook until thickened, 3-5 minutes. Pour over tortillas,. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 7Bake in preheated oven 20-25 minutes, until bubbling. Remove and sprinkle with cilantro and green onions. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
- 8TIPS: Use part Skim Mozzarella cheese as a healthier option,.
- 9Sauce can be made a day ahead and refrigerated until ready to use.
- 10Serve with store bought guacomole and your favorite veggies!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Tuna Tortilla Melts
Serving Size: 1 (422 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 806.4
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 82.7 mg
- Sodium 1589.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 43.1 g