Prep 10 mins
Cook 37 mins
I started out making the tuna casserole I usually make. I thought I had all the needed ingredients. I realized I only had 1 can of cream of celery soup, but had a can of cream of potato, so I substituted and changed the recipe. My husband, and even my 18 year old son, raved about the changes. This is now my preferred recipe, all discovered by accident.
- 12 ounces egg noodles
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna fish (I prefer water-packed)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip
- 3⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup
- 1 cup milk
- 8 ounces Velveeta Mexican cheese (from block)
- Italian breadcrumbs, for topping (as desired)
- Boil egg noodles in water for approximately 7 minutes (I boil until slightly undercooked so they won't get soggy after being in oven.) Combine tuna, mayonnaise, Miracle Whip, onions and noodles in 2 quart ovenproof casserole dish.
- Melt cheese in microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk both cans of soup with the milk until blended.
- Add melted cheese and whisk until well blended.
- Add to noodle mixture.
- Sprinkle liberally with bread crumbs to taste.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425 degrees for 30 minutes.