Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
yet to try - note amount of water going into pan as you do not drain
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups pasta (Bite sized, rotini or cavatappi, uncooked)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (drained, broken into chunks)
- 3 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (Shredded)
- BRING water to boil in large deep skillet or saucepan on high heat.
- Stir in pasta.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover.
- Simmer 9 minute or just until pasta is tender and liquid is almost completely absorbed. (Do not drain.)
- ADD soup, tuna, vegetables, thyme and dill; stir.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 3 to 5 minute or until thickened and heated through.
- STIR in cheese.
- Jazz It Up: Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley just before serving.
- Variation: Substitute frozen chopped broccoli for the peas and carrots. Or substitute 3/4 cup (4 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Ham, chopped, or 2 cups chopped leftover cooked chicken for the tuna. You can also use any flavor of condensed cream soup you have on hand.
I was looking for a quick tasty easy meal with tuna and this fit the bill. Did add some garlic powder and pepper and dried onions because I like a lot of flavor. Used Healthy cream of chicken soup as that was all I had on hand and used whole wheat pasta noodles. Hubby really loved it too. No leftovers at our house!
Very good one pot meal! Added garlic powder, freshly ground pepper and another can of cream of celery (98% fat free) to make it creamier . Also when boiling the pasta added some salt to the water. Turned out perfect and had some for lunch the next day!
This recipe is so simple and it tastes great. I used 3 cups of frozen peas. And I added 1 carrot, grated, but at the end. I used only cheddar cheese. Thanks Michelle. Made for Zaar Star Game