Recipe by Michelle_My_Belle
yet to try - note amount of water going into pan as you do not drain
Top Review by Susan L.
I was looking for a quick tasty easy meal with tuna and this fit the bill. Did add some garlic powder and pepper and dried onions because I like a lot of flavor. Used Healthy cream of chicken soup as that was all I had on hand and used whole wheat pasta noodles. Hubby really loved it too. No leftovers at our house!
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups pasta (Bite sized, rotini or cavatappi, uncooked)
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tuna (drained, broken into chunks)
- 3 cups frozen peas and carrots
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 cup monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend (Shredded)
Directions See How It's Made
- BRING water to boil in large deep skillet or saucepan on high heat.
- Stir in pasta.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; cover.
- Simmer 9 minute or just until pasta is tender and liquid is almost completely absorbed. (Do not drain.)
- ADD soup, tuna, vegetables, thyme and dill; stir.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, uncovered, 3 to 5 minute or until thickened and heated through.
- STIR in cheese.
- Jazz It Up: Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley just before serving.
- Variation: Substitute frozen chopped broccoli for the peas and carrots. Or substitute 3/4 cup (4 oz.) OSCAR MAYER Ham, chopped, or 2 cups chopped leftover cooked chicken for the tuna. You can also use any flavor of condensed cream soup you have on hand.