Recipe by cherrycola
I had company coming and wanted something that was relatively easy and I could serve in one dish. So I came up with this casserole and it was a huge hit. Once it sits after cooking (about 5 min.) the sauce thickens. The buttered bread crumbs add a nice crunch to it.
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles, wide
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans milk, use soup can to measure
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 cups mashed potatoes, prepared
- 3 slices bread, crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare noodles according to package instructions.
- Empty mushroom soup into 4 quart casserole dish, and add 2 cans milk (use soup can to measure milk). Use wire whisk to mix well.
- Melt Velveeta in microwave with 12 cup of the soup mixture. Stir this is with the soup mix.
- Add broccoli, onion, garlic powder, and tuna to mix. Stir to mix.
- Place cooked egg noodles in mixture. Stir well.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Spoon mashed potatoes on top, spread evenly over mixture.
- Melt 3 TBSP butter, pour over bread crumbs. Mix with hands.
- Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs on top of potatoes.
- Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Bread crumbs will be slightly browned.