I had company coming and wanted something that was relatively easy and I could serve in one dish. So I came up with this casserole and it was a huge hit. Once it sits after cooking (about 5 min.) the sauce thickens. The buttered bread crumbs add a nice crunch to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles, wide
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans milk, use soup can to measure
- 6 ounces Velveeta cheese
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 5 cups mashed potatoes, prepared
- 3 slices bread, crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1Prepare noodles according to package instructions.
- 2Empty mushroom soup into 4 quart casserole dish, and add 2 cans milk (use soup can to measure milk). Use wire whisk to mix well.
- 3Melt Velveeta in microwave with 12 cup of the soup mixture. Stir this is with the soup mix.
- 4Add broccoli, onion, garlic powder, and tuna to mix. Stir to mix.
- 5Place cooked egg noodles in mixture. Stir well.
- 6Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- 7Spoon mashed potatoes on top, spread evenly over mixture.
- 8Melt 3 TBSP butter, pour over bread crumbs. Mix with hands.
- 9Sprinkle buttered bread crumbs on top of potatoes.
- 10Bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes. Bread crumbs will be slightly browned.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Tuna Noodle Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 536.8
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 14.2 g
- Cholesterol 105.0 mg
- Sodium 974.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 4.4 g
- Protein 25.0 g