Recipe by peachez
It's easy to cut and freeze portions for those days I'm hungry and too tired to cook.
- olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, rough chop (I use a medley of Oyster, Kikurage, Shitake and Champignon)
- 8 ounces kraft brand neufchatel cheese
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 lb linguine, cooked and drained
- 12 ounces canned albacore tuna, drain and rough chunk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded medium sharp cheddar
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno potato chips, crumbled (I use Lay's Bistro Gourmet )
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly oil a 13 x 9 baking dish, set aside.
- Sauté garlic, onion and celery in olive oil till translucent, stir in mushrooms, set pan aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl combine Neufchatel cheese, soup and milk, heat to warm, whisking till smooth.
- Add sauté mixture and the next two cheeses to bowl, stirring to combine.
- Into the same large bowl add the linguine and tuna, add these in small increments to coat evenly. Pour into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining cheddar cheese and potato chips.
- Bake 20- 25 minutes until hot and golden. Ovens vary.