PSU Lioness's Note:
I came up with this while I was trying to stretch our monthly food budget to the breaking point. It's not very complex, but it got good reviews from my family. It uses pantry staples to help save on money (and sanity).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices frozen garlic bread (Texas toast works the best)
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (15 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1Preheat oven to 375.
- 2Place garlic bread in the bottom of a sprayed 9x13 glass baking dish.
- 3In a bowl, mix tuna, tomatoes, garlic powder, oregano and broccoli.
- 4Spread tuna mixture over bread.
- 5Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over tuna mixture.
- 6Top Parmesan with cheddar cheese.
- 7Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly and bread is toasted on the bottom. (The part of the bread that is under the tuna gets a bit soggy, and I have not been able to remedy this. Suggestions are appreciated.).
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Tuna Garlic Bread Bake
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.5
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 53.5 mg
- Sodium 184.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 26.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: