Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with this while I was trying to stretch our monthly food budget to the breaking point. It's not very complex, but it got good reviews from my family. It uses pantry staples to help save on money (and sanity).
- 6 slices frozen garlic bread (Texas toast works the best)
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 (15 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes, well drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup broccoli, cooked and chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Place garlic bread in the bottom of a sprayed 9x13 glass baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix tuna, tomatoes, garlic powder, oregano and broccoli.
- Spread tuna mixture over bread.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over tuna mixture.
- Top Parmesan with cheddar cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly and bread is toasted on the bottom. (The part of the bread that is under the tuna gets a bit soggy, and I have not been able to remedy this. Suggestions are appreciated.).