Recipe by Reggie's Mom
I got this recipe from an old Pillsbury book. They had the lighter, healthier version vs the older higher fat version. I opted for the higher fat version....its comfort food, don't mess with it! (if you want to make the ligher version just substitue low fat milk, reduced fat cheese and 98% fat free soup)
Top Review by Nadine A.
Made for dinner tonight. Outstanding recipe! Of course like other "chefs" I tweaked the recipe a lil bit. I used 1-1/4 cup of skim milk, 8 oz shredded cheese; divided (4 oz in mixture, 4 oz sprinkled on top),I added frozen peas&corn into mix, used 2 cans tuna 5 oz each-drained, and crushed corn flakes. I added additional shred cheese on top of casserole before the crushed corn flakes. Oh and I used a 13 x 9 sprayed casserole dish&cooked for 40 minutes.
- 7 ounces uncooked macaroni
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna
- 2 teaspoons minced dried onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- crushed potato chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook macaroni to desired doneness, drain.
- Meanwhile, heat oven to 350°F Spray casserole with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine all remaining casserole ingredients; stir to combine.
- Add cooked macaroni, stir gently to mix. Pour mixture into casserole. Sprinkle with crushed potato chips.
- Bake at 350F for 25 to 35 minutes.