Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
A super easy and inexpensive dish that kids seem to love. My daughters will ask for this over and over again. I came up with the seasonings on my own, as a lot of tuna casseroles just seemed a bit too bland to me. The flavors really seem to work together.
- 3 cups macaroni
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup frozen peas, cooked (I just throw them in with the macaroni)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cansflaked tuna, drained
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded (preferably old)
- Cook macaroni in salted water till barely done, drain.
- In 4 litre casserole dish combine with soup, seasonings, peas and tuna till well blended. Top with cheese.
- Bake covered at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes, or till cheese is melted on top.
I cheated a little further and used a box of Velveeta Shells and Cheese, but still added the tuna, peas, and spices. Was REALLY good. Love the spice combination. My daughter (who doesn't eat ANYTHING with spices) loved it as well, and asked if we could have this dish "EVERY NIGHT" FIVE STARS!!
Great!! Wow the flavour in this is SO different than I was expecting but it was so good. I was VERY apprehensive about using curry powder but it was awesome. I used rigatoni because I didn't have macaroni and I used a cup of frozen mixed veggies instead of just peas. (I always do in tuna casserole though we like it that way better)
I would definitely recommend this
I really liked this recipe. I used 1/3 real onion instead of powder and since my husband dislikes curry, I combined cayenne pepper, black pepper, cumin and nutmeg to use instead. Fabulous! I think that next time I'll add a bit more onion.