Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom made this for us the other night and my family devoured it. This is comfort food at its finest!
- 1 (12 ounce) package egg noodles
- 1 1⁄4 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄4 cups cottage cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 (6 ounce) cans tuna, drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook noodles and drain.
- Mix sour cream and cottage cheese into cooked noodles.
- Stir in tuna and chopped onion.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour into greased casserole and top with cheese.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
This should get 5 stars x2..I made this for the 3 of us at home, then my adult son arrived to pick up some mail..noticed the rest of the casserole in the kithen and says...'mmm dinner?' well a Mum cant see her kids starve can she? so in to a container it goes and feeds another 2 adults..lol Great tuna casserole..I only had 1 cup of sour cream and I used 3 spring onions instead of an onion..will definitely make again.
My kids LOVED this recepie. It was quick and easy to make. I left the onions out since I knew the kids wouldn't eat them. Used onion powder instead to give it flavor. Will make this one again and again.
Nice, but I will leave out the onion next time. I also added parsley.