Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 cups self rising flour, unsifted
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 4 slices bacon, cooked,drained and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces jalapeno jack cheese or 8 ounces colby-monterey jack cheese, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- Preheat oven at 400 F.
- In a bowl, mix egg, milk, butter and sugar.
- Slowly stir in flour.
- Fold in the green onions, bacon, swiss cheese and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
- Fill muffin compartments 1/3 full.
- Place one cube of Jalapeno Jack cheese in middle of each muffin compartment on top of batter.
- Continue to fill muffin compartments with batter until 2/3 full.
- Top with remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake muffins for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm.
Oh thank you! I made these a year ago for Christmas morning and I'm making them again. They're decadent, but oh soooo good. Everyone loved them.