Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This sounds like a great way to use day-old tortillas. This is a flexible recipe where you can add leftover vegetables and cooked meat to the tomato sauce and eggs. From Extending the Table. Submitted for ZWT3
- In blender, make a smooth sauce of tomatoes, chili seasoning of your choice and salt.
- Set aside.
- Tear tortillas into 1-inch strips then tear the strips into bit-size trangle or square pieces.
- In a large frying pan heat oil.
- In batches fry tortilla pieces until they are golden brown, approximately 3-5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Remove excess oil from frypan and saute garlic and onion briefly.
- Add tortilla pieces.
- Pour eggs and tomato sauce over ingredients in frypan.
- Cook over low heat 10-15 minutes, stirring as little as possible, until liquid is absorbed and mixture appears fairly dry.
- Sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Remove from heat and cover until cheese melts.
- SERVING SUGGESTION: serve with fresh fruit and green salad.