Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
A quick and easy weeknight meal. Very flavorful, healthy and filling. Serve with a tossed green salad and crusty garlic bread. For a vegetarian version omit the meatballs and add some sliced zucchini or eggplant.
- 1 (9 ounce) packagewhole wheat cheese tortellini
- 12 -14 medium frozen meatballs
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup freshly shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini in large sauce pan according to package directions.
- Spray a medium saute pan with PAM.
- Place meatballs in saute pan and cook over medium high heat until lightly browned. Stirring frequently.
- Add tomatoes and chili sauce.
- Stir and continue cooking until hot and bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Add olives.
- Drain tortellini and return to pan.
- Add meatball-tomatoe mixture to tortellini.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until bubbly.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook about 5 more minutes.
- Add cheeses and stir well.
- Continue cooking until melted through.
- Serve warm.
This is quite good. I didn't know what to think about the chili sauce in this, but it added great flavor. It is easy to put together and tastes wonderful - a tasty filling meal. Thanks for sharing!