Recipe by Sharon123
I created this for the Ready Set Cook contest, I hope you enjoy it! It's cheesy and creamy and easy to make!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I prepared this for a gathering of friends, what a beautifully rich pasta dish! My cousin, a chef and vegetarian, took the recipe home with her, and I'm quite sure the youngsters who cheerfully filled their plates with this dish had no idea they were getting a good helping of veggies as well! I found it full of flavour, rich and creamy and very pleasing. Easily prepared, a winner! Thanks so much, Sharon! Made for PRMR tag game.
- 354.88-473.18 ml napa cabbage, chopped
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 green onions, sliced thinly
- 29.58 ml flour
- 236.59 ml vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 118.29 ml whole milk
- 118.29 ml creme fraiche
- 0.59 ml nutmeg
- 396.89 g can artichoke hearts in brine, drained, chopped small (or one 12 oz. bottle marinated artichoke hearts)
- 59.14 ml pimiento, from jars, diced
- 236.59 ml grated parmesan cheese (or Romano or try half Parm and half cream cheese)
- 340.19 g fresh cheese tortellini (or 1 pound dry)
- salt and pepper
- parsley (to garnish, or dill leaves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the olive oil and butter in a large skillet and heat over medium heat. When the butter melts, add the garlic, sliced green onions and napa cabbage. Saute 5 minutes.
- Whisk the flour into the skillet and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in broth, then the milk and creme fraiche. Heat till mixture just starts to bubble.
- Season with nutmeg and reduce heat to low.
- Stir in pimientos, artichoke hearts, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the tortellini in boiling salted water about 7-9 minutes(use directions on pkg.). While the tortellini is cooking, if the sauce starts to get too thick, add a little more milk to thin.
- Drain the tortellini, toss with the vegetable/cheese sauce. Sprinkle over parsley to garnish. Serve ritht away and pass additional cheese. Enjoy!
- If you like, add some chopped chicken to please the meat eaters, and turn this into a main dish.