Recipe by Sharon123
I created this for the Ready Set Cook contest, I hope you enjoy it! It's cheesy and creamy and easy to make!
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
I prepared this for a gathering of friends, what a beautifully rich pasta dish! My cousin, a chef and vegetarian, took the recipe home with her, and I'm quite sure the youngsters who cheerfully filled their plates with this dish had no idea they were getting a good helping of veggies as well! I found it full of flavour, rich and creamy and very pleasing. Easily prepared, a winner! Thanks so much, Sharon! Made for PRMR tag game.
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups napa cabbage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 green onions, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup creme fraiche
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts in brine, drained, chopped small (or one 12 oz. bottle marinated artichoke hearts)
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, from jars, diced
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (or Romano or try half Parm and half cream cheese)
- 12 ounces fresh cheese tortellini (or 1 pound dry)
- salt and pepper
- parsley (to garnish, or dill leaves)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the olive oil and butter in a large skillet and heat over medium heat. When the butter melts, add the garlic, sliced green onions and napa cabbage. Saute 5 minutes.
- Whisk the flour into the skillet and cook for about 1 minute. Whisk in broth, then the milk and creme fraiche. Heat till mixture just starts to bubble.
- Season with nutmeg and reduce heat to low.
- Stir in pimientos, artichoke hearts, and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the tortellini in boiling salted water about 7-9 minutes(use directions on pkg.). While the tortellini is cooking, if the sauce starts to get too thick, add a little more milk to thin.
- Drain the tortellini, toss with the vegetable/cheese sauce. Sprinkle over parsley to garnish. Serve ritht away and pass additional cheese. Enjoy!
- If you like, add some chopped chicken to please the meat eaters, and turn this into a main dish.