Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
My mom's recipe - great for when tomatoes and zucchini are in abundance!
Make and share this Cheesy Tomato-Zucchini Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 medium zucchini
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- Combine cheddar, parmesan, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Thinly slice tomatoes and zucchini.
- Butter an 8" baking dish.
- Arrange 1/2 zucchini in pan, 1/4 cheese mix, 1/2 tomatoes, 1/4 cheese mix, remaining zucchini, 1/4 cheese, remaining tomatoes, remaining cheese.
- Melt butter, saute onion. Add crumbs. Spread on top of casserole.
- Cover and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake 20 min longer.
I really enjoyed this dish, the family had mixed reviews, but said they would definitely eat it again. I loved that it was so simple to put together. But next time I may add a little more garlic and use a blend of cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2009.
Super good!!! Loved it!!!! My children begged for more. (Okay, I had to have more too.) I'm glad to have found this recipe. It's so easy and definitely excellent for the zucchini and tomatoes that are in abundance, as you said. I immediately made more the following day and plan to make this again! Thanks so much!