Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ever wonder what to do with your leftover rice from Chinese food? This is a fairly ad hoc recipe, open to throwing in whatever you tend to like. Measures are fairly fluid.
- 1⁄2 cup cooked white rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup (Campbells is best)
- 1⁄4 cup frozen peas
- 2 cooked hot dogs, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine water & condensed soup, frozen peas & hotdog pieces. (You can cook the hotdogs in the microwave to save time). Heat over medium-low heat until peas are tender (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat. Stir in mozarella cheese until melted. Pepper to taste.
- Add a dollop of salsa & sour cream for a spicier flavor.
- Please note that, if there are left-overs, the rice will absorb most of the soup, so you will have to add more water.
- Bon appetit!
This was nice and quick to throw together. I used the recipe more as a guideline. I had chicken hot dogs to use and added some shredded bok choy in place of the peas since I wanted to clear out the fridge a tad. I added a touch too much cheese at first so it was a bit salty, but more water fixed that right up! This was very tasty and I'd happily make it again. Thanks :)