Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious Parmesan-herb coated chicken breast baked over pasta sauce then topped with cheese, if desired you may use your favorite seasoned breadcrumbs, serve this over cooked angel hair pasta, you may adjust the amount of pasta sauce to suit taste, you may double the recipe and bake in a larger dish.
- 2 -3 cups pasta sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 7 ounces dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 -3 tablespoons oil
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Pour the pasta sauce into the baking dish and spread to coat the bottom of the dish; set aside.
- In a shallow bowl whisk the eggs.
- In another shallow dish mix togther the Parmesan cheese with breadcrumbs, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, seasoned salt and black pepper until well combined.
- Dip the breasts one at a time into the eggs firstly, then coat completely into the breadcrumb mixture pressing down with hands to adhear the crums to the chicken.
- Place the coated breasts onto a large plate.
- Heat 2-3 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat; add in breasts and fry until just lightly golden brown on both sides (about 3 minutes per side).
- Place the breasts in the baking dish on top of the pasta sauce.
- Bake uncovered for about 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place 1 slice of mozzarella cheese over the top of each breast, return to oven and bake for about 5-6 minutes.