Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Southern Living recipe that is a great side with barbecue.
- 1 (35 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker (about 15 crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 large egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Stir together all ingredients. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 8" square baking dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes or until golden.
I used about 2 lbs of freshly picked garden cherry tomatoes (I cut them each in half) for this and it was out of this world. I was tenpted to add garlic or onions, but it really doesn't need it. It's cheesey and delicious. A new use for my cherry tomatoes. Thanx!
I figured with tomatoes, Ritz (well, all I had was Club), and cheese, how could you go wrong? And I was right. I was whining as I broke up the whole tomatoes (by hand in the colander), but I think that gives it more flavor rather than the diced ones. All in all, very easy to make, and yummy. I made it with prime rib and a baked potato, but I think it would also go well with seafood or fried chicken.