Years ago when my sister was in college, she worked at an Italian Restaurant. This was the most requested appetizer there. When she quit, she asked for the recipe. We all still look forward to this when we get together.
- Butter both sides of french bread slices, and sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
- Arrange bread slices on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on each slice, and spread to cover.
- Put a thin slice of tomato over top the sauce.
- Then put a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato.
- Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- Lightly sprinkle with oregano and parsley.
- Bake at 350 until cheese is melted, and bread is slightly toasted.
- Serve Warm.