1/1 Photo of Cheesy Tomato Bread
october sky's Note:
Years ago when my sister was in college, she worked at an Italian Restaurant. This was the most requested appetizer there. When she quit, she asked for the recipe. We all still look forward to this when we get together.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Butter both sides of french bread slices, and sprinkle lightly with garlic salt.
- 2Arrange bread slices on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- 3Spoon about 1 tablespoon of pizza sauce on each slice, and spread to cover.
- 4Put a thin slice of tomato over top the sauce.
- 5Then put a slice of mozzarella cheese on top of the tomato.
- 6Sprinkle generously with parmesan cheese.
- 7Lightly sprinkle with oregano and parsley.
- 8Bake at 350 until cheese is melted, and bread is slightly toasted.
- 9Serve Warm.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Tomato Bread
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 382.9
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 711.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 17.8 g