Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I got this recipe from an online friend. It smells fabulous while baking...tastes just as good!
Make and share this Cheesy Tomato Basil Chicken Breasts recipe from Food.com.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 44.37 ml butter
- 78.07 ml onion, chopped
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 473.18 ml tomatoes, diced or 453.59 g can diced tomatoes
- 14.79 ml dried basil leaves
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 177.44 ml fresh breadcrumb
- 59.14 ml fresh parsley
- 29.58 ml melted butter
- 354.88 ml shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9x13 inch glass pan, melt 3 tbsp butter in oven.
- Stir together all remaining sauce ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Place chicken in pan, turning to coat with butter.
- Spoon sauce mixture over chicken.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley and butter.
- Sprinkle chicken with cheese then topping mixture.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes until bread crumbs are brown.
This is very very good. I love the parsley mixed in the breadcrumbs, and was pretty heavy-handed with it. I think this is a very good way to make, say, 6 servings of this chicken, and very efficient. For a smaller number of servings, with thin pieces of chicken, I found, it is probably better to cook the sauce on the stovetop, because the chicken will cook faster than the sauce. Either way, it's delicious. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
This was excellent! Much easier than traditional Chicken Parmesan but very close to the taste. I used provolone instead of mozzarella and Italian style bread crumbs instead of fresh...worked out wonderfully. Thanks for sharing this great recipe!