Recipe by HoosierMomOf5
I got this recipe from an online friend. It smells fabulous while baking...tastes just as good!
Top Review by mianbao
This is very very good. I love the parsley mixed in the breadcrumbs, and was pretty heavy-handed with it. I think this is a very good way to make, say, 6 servings of this chicken, and very efficient. For a smaller number of servings, with thin pieces of chicken, I found, it is probably better to cook the sauce on the stovetop, because the chicken will cook faster than the sauce. Either way, it's delicious. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced or 1 (16 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9x13 inch glass pan, melt 3 tbsp butter in oven.
- Stir together all remaining sauce ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Place chicken in pan, turning to coat with butter.
- Spoon sauce mixture over chicken.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, stir together the bread crumbs, parsley and butter.
- Sprinkle chicken with cheese then topping mixture.
- Bake another 5-10 minutes until bread crumbs are brown.