Baked, breaded tofu topped with spaghetti sauce and cheese! What a great way to get kids to try tofu. We eat tofu regularly so I'm always on the lookout for new ways to prepare it. This recipe was published in the Toronto Star who attributes it to the Hamilton Spectator.
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread 1/2 cup of spaghetti sauce evenly around bottom of dish.
- On a plate, combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Set aside.
- Slice tofu in half lengthwise, then cut each half lengthwise into thirds.
- Cut each piece lengthwise again into halves to create 12 sticks.
- Coat each stick in crumb/cheese mixture, and place in baking dish.
- Cover the sticks with remaining spaghetti sauce and top with mozzarella. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.