Recipe by Theresa P
A spicy twist on the cheesy hash brown casserole that we all love. This has Mexican Velveeta, green chilies and a little cayenne pepper for bite!
- 1 (30 ounce) package frozen shredded hash browns, thawed slightly
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 2 cups cubed mild Velveeta Mexican cheese
- 1⁄2 cup finely diced onion
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flake crumbs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except topping, in a large bowl.
- Spread evenly in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Mix melted butter and corn flake crumbs in small bowl.
- Sprinkle over potatoes.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 20 minutes at 350°F.
- Uncover and continue to bake for 30 to 35 minutes more, until heated through.