Recipe by Staci J
When I first met my husband, he swore he hated onions. I didn't tell him til he was finnished that there were onions in this dish! They are a family favorite. The onions are what gives this dish it's good flavor. You will want to lick the bowl!
- 6 -8 small russet potatoes, peeled
- 1 onion, chopped in large pieces
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- water, to boil potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Chunk potatoes into large pieces and put in sauce pan.
- Add onion and salt.
- Cover with water.
- Cover and boil until a fork goes easily into potatoes.
- Drain all but 2 inches of water from the pan.About 3/4c.
- Add Velveeta.
- Cover and return to burner.
- When mostly melted, stir.
- Top with parsley and pepper.
- Let cool for 5 minutes.The longer they sit the better they are.
- You can't make enough!
- Hope the correction helps.