Recipe by gussiesmom
Official Contest Entry: Simply Potatoes 5Fix. And the crowd goes wild!... These delicious muffin-sized appetizers are incredibly quick and easy to prepare. It's best to double the recipe, though, because they disappear FAST!
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, DIVIDED USE
- 1 lb bacon, fried crisp, drained, and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly coat interior cups of 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray. In large mixing bowl, combine shredded potatoes, eggs, and 1 cup cheese until well-blended. Divide potato mixture between 12 prepared muffin cups, pressing into bottoms and slightly up sides of cups. Divide crumbled bacon between cups, then top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Sprinkle sliced green onions evenly over tops. Bake 13 to 15 minutes, or until cheese is bubbling and edges of potato crusts are golden brown.