Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this recipe in a Better Homes and Gardens cookbook and tweaked the recipe to our liking. This is a great comfort food dish on a cold and snowy night.
- 0.5 (12 ounce) package jumbo pasta shells (18 shells)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 ounces green chilies, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 16 ounces chunky salsa
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Cook shell pasta to package directions. Then rinse with cold water and drain well.
- In large skillet cook beef, onion, green chiles and garlic until beef is browned; drain fat from meat. Stir in chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, cumin and cream cheese. Mix well and then remove from heat and cool slightly. Fill meat mixture evenly among cooked shells.
- Spread 1/2 cup salsa onto bottom of 2 quart casserole dish. Arrange stuffed shells in dish; top with remaining salsa.
- Sprinkle evenly with both cheeses.
- Bake uncovered 350 degrees 25 minutes until cheese is bubbly and shells are heated through.