Recipe by mscottre
This is an adaptation of another snack mix recipe, but I was missing some of the ingredients so I improvised with what I had on hand, and it turned out awesome! I used hot taco seasoning mix to spice it up some.
- 5 cups Cheerios toasted oat cereal
- 2 cups Cheez-It crackers
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup goldfish crackers
- 1 cup crunchy Cheetos cheese-flavored snacks
- 2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope Ortega taco seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- In a large roasting pan, combine all ingredients except butter and seasoning mix.
- Mix melted butter and seasoning mix in a small bowl until well blended. Pour over cereal mixture; toss to coat.
- Bake 25-35 minutes, stirring two or three times, until lightly browned. Sprinkle with parmesean cheese. Spread on paper towels or waxed paper until cooled, about 15 minutes. Store in tightly sealed containers. Makes about 12 cups.