Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A definite kid-pleaser from my friend Monica. Great for mac & cheese lovers!
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package Kraft macaroni and cheese
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided into halves
- 1 cup salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare macaroni and cheese as directed (with milk and butter).
- Brown ground beef, prepare with taco seasoning and water as directed on packet.
- Stir sour cream into macaroni and cheese.
- Place 1/2 macaroni and cheese mixture in greased 9x9 baking dish.
- Layer 1/2 of meat and half of cheese.
- Top with remaining macaroni mixture.
- Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with salsa and remaining cheese.
- Bake additional 5 minutes.
This is so easy and good! My husband requests this dish all the time, we're actually cooking it again tonight!