Found this recipe on Pinterest. It was very good and super easy! I made for my dad since he doesn't eat meat and he loved it! Recipe from: http://www.loveveggiesandyoga.com/2011/05/cheesy-taco-casserole.html
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked rice (cook 1 c dry rice with 2 c water for a 2 c rice yield)
- 12 ounces salsa
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning (about 1/2 packet of commercially prepared taco seasonings, or the whole packet if you want extra tac)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup cheese, shredded
- 1 cup diced veggies such as carrot, bell peppers, olives, mushrooms, onions (whatever you add to tacos)
- beans (red, black, pinto, etc or use salsa that is corn and bean based)
- 1After cooking the rice, combine all the other ingredients with the rice in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- 2Pour mixture into a foil-lined 9 x 13 pan.
- 3Sprinkle remaining 1/2 shreeded cheese on top.
- 4Bake at 375 F for approximately 35-40 minutes, or until cheese and the top is beginning to brown.
- 5*If you added extra beans, veggies, or your salsa was watery, this could lengthen cooking time.
- 6Allow casserole to rest and cool for about 10 minutes to make slicing easier.
- 7~ Store leftovers in fridge or freeze squares in individual sized containers in the freezer for your a homemade, fast, “tv dinner”.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Taco Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.0
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 25.0 mg
- Sodium 455.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 6.3 g