Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I generally dont eat a lot of red meat, but when I do eat it, I realllly like to enjoy it! This is a recipe I really enjoy!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- water, as listed on taco seasoning
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup Mexican blend cheese (kraft sells this in the bag in the cheese section at your local grocer!)
- 1⁄2 can refried beans
- 1 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick Mexican seasoning
- shredded lettuce (as much as desired tomato (as much as desired)
- sour cream (optional)
- your favorite taco sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef on medium heat.
- Drain fat, and return to pan.
- Add chopped onion, and stir through beef.
- Add taco seasoning and water and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- pour 1/2 can of refried beans into pan with beef and mix through.
- pour meat mixture into a nonstick 9x13 pan,& spread evenly.
- sprinkle cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- beat eggs in a medium bowl with milk, and then add bisquik& salt-- making sure to mix well.
- Add mexican seasoning to batter; mix well.
- pour batter over meat mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (until batter is done).
- remove from oven and serve with lettuce, sour cream (you can mix sour cream with either mexican seasoning or even some cayenne pepper for a little zest!), and tomato.
- You can even serve this up with some of your favorite taco sauce as well!
This is a great recipe! The Bisquick topping was light and fluffy. It was quick and easy to make, filling, inexpensive and loaded with flavor! I took the taco sauce and sour cream mixed it together and it topped of the meal. Absolute Five Star.
This was a very good and easy supper to put together. We loved the taste of the Mexican flavored bisquit topping. We served it with sour cream and salsa. Ate too much!!
I had my 14 yr. old daughter make this, under my supervision and it turned out great! She used leftover meatloaf for the ground beef. My husband gave his approval too!!! Thanks for an easy meal!