Recipe by love4culinary
I generally dont eat a lot of red meat, but when I do eat it, I realllly like to enjoy it! This is a recipe I really enjoy!
Top Review by Kaccy G.
This is a great recipe! The Bisquick topping was light and fluffy. It was quick and easy to make, filling, inexpensive and loaded with flavor! I took the taco sauce and sour cream mixed it together and it topped of the meal. Absolute Five Star.
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- water, as listed on taco seasoning
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2⁄3 cup Mexican blend cheese (kraft sells this in the bag in the cheese section at your local grocer!)
- 1⁄2 can refried beans
- 1 1⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mccormick Mexican seasoning
- shredded lettuce (as much as desired tomato (as much as desired)
- sour cream (optional)
- your favorite taco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Brown ground beef on medium heat.
- Drain fat, and return to pan.
- Add chopped onion, and stir through beef.
- Add taco seasoning and water and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- pour 1/2 can of refried beans into pan with beef and mix through.
- pour meat mixture into a nonstick 9x13 pan,& spread evenly.
- sprinkle cheese on top of the meat mixture.
- beat eggs in a medium bowl with milk, and then add bisquik& salt-- making sure to mix well.
- Add mexican seasoning to batter; mix well.
- pour batter over meat mixture.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes (until batter is done).
- remove from oven and serve with lettuce, sour cream (you can mix sour cream with either mexican seasoning or even some cayenne pepper for a little zest!), and tomato.
- You can even serve this up with some of your favorite taco sauce as well!