Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Yummy Taco Bake made with crescent rolls, taco meat, cheese. It is quick and easy to prepare and yummy for the whole family.
- 1 (8 ounce) can crescent rolls
- 2 cups corn chips, crushed and divided into 2
- 1 lb ground beef (can substitute veggie crumble to make vegetarian)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 9 ounces water
- 4 tablespoons taco seasoning (or 1 envelope of taco seasoning)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large skillet cook ground beef until no pink in meat.
- Add tomato paste and use the 6 oz. can to add 1 1/2 cans water (totals 9 oz.), also add taco seasoning and simmer on low, uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Grease pan, roll crescent rolls into 9X13 pan up the edges. Seal seams. It will be long one continuous piece in the pan.
- Spread one cup of the crushed corn tortilla chips on top of the crescent rolls.
- Then spread meat, add sour cream on top of meat, then cheese.
- Last, spread remaining cup of chips on top.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, crust will be lightly browned.
- I leave sour cream and cheese off a small portion for my son who does not like cheese or creamy.
- Can make vegetarian by using veggie crumble instead of ground beef.
Easy, and Fun to add veggies (ala Sneaky Chef) to it! Delicious!
Great recipe, we really enjoyed this! I didn't have any corn chips but crushed tortilla chips worked just as well. I used a 15 oz can of tomato sauce instead of the paste & 1/4 cup water. Also added garlic, onions and green peppers (personal preference) to ground beef. I mix Hidden Valley spicy Ranch dressing with taco sauce as a side topping. Thanks
This was SO good I actually went up for 2nd's!!! The whole family loved this and I'll make it again and again! Thank you for sharing this with everyone!