Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
This can also be baked in a 10-inch pie plate or an 11 x 7-inch baking dish, also use as much shredded cheese as deired. Use the frozen potato patties for this, not hash browns.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was very good Kitz. I made this with cooked link sausage and fresh mushrooms because that is what I had but otherwise made as directed. I also decreased the salt to 1/4 tsp and that was plenty. Thanks
- 425.24 g package frozen potato patties (slightly thawed)
- 14.79 ml melted butter
- 473.18 ml shredded swiss cheese (can use more cheese)
- 473.18 ml finely chopped cooked ham
- 283.49 g can sliced mushrooms, well drained
- 4 large eggs
- 29.58 ml whipping cream or 29.58 ml 18% table cream
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt (or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1.23 ml paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- Cut and fit the potato patties into the bottom of the pie plate; press firmly, then brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes; remove from oven.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Sprinkle with grated cheese, ham and mushrooms.
- In a small bowl whisk together eggs with whipping cream, seasoned salt and black pepper, then pour over the pie.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until center is set.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.