1/2 Photos of Cheesy Swiss Ham and Egg Bake With Potato Crust
1 hr 10 mins
This can also be baked in a 10-inch pie plate or an 11 x 7-inch baking dish, also use as much shredded cheese as deired. Use the frozen potato patties for this, not hash browns.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) package frozen potato patties (slightly thawed)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese (can use more cheese)
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked ham
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, well drained
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream or 2 tablespoons 18% table cream
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or to taste)
- black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1Grease a 9-inch baking dish.
- 2Cut and fit the potato patties into the bottom of the pie plate; press firmly, then brush with melted butter.
- 3Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes; remove from oven.
- 4Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- 5Sprinkle with grated cheese, ham and mushrooms.
- 6In a small bowl whisk together eggs with whipping cream, seasoned salt and black pepper, then pour over the pie.
- 7Bake for 30-40 minutes or until center is set.
- 8Let stand for 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cheesy Swiss Ham and Egg Bake With Potato Crust
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.5
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.7 g
- Cholesterol 228.3 mg
- Sodium 160.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 27.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen potato patties