Prep 35 mins
Cook 25 mins
I didn't think that I would like this because I'm not a sweet potatoe eater. But, this is actually very good. It's a must try. This recipe was submitted by Kat at allrecipes.com
- 6 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granule
- 1 2⁄3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- Place the potatoes and sweet potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook about 15 minutes, until tender but firm Preheat the oven broiler.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes.
- Gradually mix in butter, heavy cream, chicken bouillon, brown sugar and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium baking dish.
- Top with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Broil uncovered in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and lightly browned.