Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup grated onion
- 1⁄2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
- 1⁄2 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 -2 tablespoon chives
- 6 tablespoons butter, 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 3 cups beef broth, 1/2 cup heavy cream and salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a large bowl, combine ground meats, panko, eggs, melted butter, and seasonings. Roll mixture into balls.
- In skillet on medium-high heat, cook meatballs in some olive oil, until browned on all sides. Transfer to a paper towel lined tray and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt butter and whisk in the flour, until lightly browned. Slowly pour in the beef broth, while whisking continuously. Keep whisking and cooking until slightly thickened. Stir in the heavy cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Place meatballs in the gravy and simmer for about 3-4 minutes.
- Cook egg noodles to al dente and drain. In a baking dish, mix together with meatballs and gravy. Sprinkle with desired amount of shredded Gruyere cheese. Bake at 375° F until slightly golden and bubbling. Garnish with chopped chives or parsley.