Recipe by Chris from Kansas
I found this recipe in a Pillsbury cookbook. It is an interesting twist on cornbread muffins.
- 1 (12 ounce) canpillsbury golden layers refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2 pieces mozzarella string cheese, each cut crosswise into 5 pieces
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375. Spray 10 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; separate each into 2 layers. Place 1 piece of cheese on bottom layer of each biscuit; place top layer over cheese and press edges to seal.
- Place melted butter in shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, mix cornmeal and sugar. Dip each filled biscuit into butter; coat lightly with cornmeal mixture. Place each in muffin cup.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown. If necessary, run knife around edge of muffin cup; remove biscuits from cups. Serve warm.