Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on SimplyRecipes.com. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm planning to make it for an upcoming Super Bowl party.
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2-1 cup chopped green onion (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened (1/2 cup, 4 ounces)
- 1 -2 loaf French bread or 1 -2 loaf Italian bread
- In a large bowl, mix together the cheeses and the green onion. Stir in the mayonnaise and sour cream.
- In a separate small bowl blend the butter and garlic until smooth.
- Add the butter mixture to the cheese mixture.
- Preheat broiler. Slice loaf of bread in half horizontally, lay crust side down. Spread cheese mixture over the bread.
- Place under the broiler until nicely browned, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove from broiler and let sit for 5 minutes until cool enough to handle. Slice the bread with a bread knife. Serve.
- After making this recipe, I have a few tips: Make sure the cheese mixture isn't too thick on the bread or it will ooze everywhere when you try to slice it. Also, you can hollow out the bread a little bit so the cheese will sink down into the bread instead of melt over the edges.