Recipe by Gourmet Gal
5-Ingredient Fix Contest Entry. These cheesy steak & potato rollups are literally a flavor burst in your mouth that is savory and delicious. They are fast and easy to prepare and taste 'gourmet.' They are perfect for weeknight dinners yet fancy enough to serve at a dinner party. Expect rave reviews! Enjoy!
- 1 (20 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns
- 18 tablespoons Kraft sun-dried tomato salad dressing, and more if needed
- 1 1⁄3 lbs boneless beef top round (sliced thin making four steaks)
- 16 slices monterey jack pepper cheese
- 4 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a flat microwave safe dish put Simply Potato Shredded Hash Browns. Cover and microwave for 5 minutes. Stir and continue microwaving UNcovered another 3 minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in 1/3 cup of the Sundried Tomato Dressing. Toss until well blended. Set aside to cool.
- Into a 9x13 in.baking dish pour 1/3 cup Sun Dried Tomato Dressing and spread to cover the bottom.
- On a cutting board lay one piece of the steak. Lay 2 ½ to 3 slices of the cheese end to end on the meat, cutting cheese to fit. Spread one fourth of the potato mixture over cheese. Roll up steak and secure with toothpicks. Slice rollup with a sharp knife into 4 equal portions (about 1 ¼ inch each). If necessary add more toothpicks to secure. Carefully lay each rollup into the prepared pan. Repeat with remaining steaks. Spread or brush 1 teaspoon or more of the remaining dressing over top of each rollup.
- Bake for 10 minutes. While meat is baking cut remaining four slices of cheese into fourths making 16 quarters. After 10 minutes remove pan from the oven. Place a piece of the cut cheese on top of each rollup. Return to the oven for 5 minutes or more until cheese is melted.
- Remove pan from the oven and let cool a few minutes. Carefully remove toothpicks. Slide a spatula under each rollup and put on a warm platter. Scrape up any potatoes and drippings from pan and add to the serving platter or over tops of the rollups. Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over tops of rollups. Serve warm. Makes 16 rollups or 4-5 servings.